The Tech Museum of Innovation
Star Wars Where Science Meets Imagination
Countdown to the 3 millionth visotor
201 South Market Street
San Jose, CA 95113
March 8th, 2014
Star Wars characters from the Rebel Legion and 501st Legion will be on hand to celebrate this milestone!
Countdown to the 3 Millionth Visitor -
Millions of franchise fans around the world have already discovered the science behind Star Wars. Now, The Tech gets ready to celebrate the 3 millionth visitor.
The amazing prizes for the lucky winner will be:
- Two four-day, full-Show tickets for Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim! Coming April 16-19, 2015 to the Anaheim Convention Center in California, Star Wars Celebrations bring fans of all ages together, from all points of the globe, to celebrate the pop-culture phenomenon that is Star Wars. There's something for everyone at Star Wars Celebration, produced by Lucasfilm Ltd. This ultimate fan festival will feature live entertainment, celebrities, exhibits, immersive interactive events, exclusive shopping, panels, and all Star Wars all the time for a full four days.
- A bag of Star Wars goodies, including a limited edition Star Wars collectible figurine, a Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination book and much more!
- A feature on StarWars.com
Web Site: thetech.org
Wizard World Sacramento Comic-Con
Sacramento Convention Center
1400 J St.
Sacramento, CA 95814
March 7-9, 2014
Event Website: http://www.wizardworld.com/home-sacramento.html
Tulare Sci-Fi Con
Tulare International Agri-Center, Pavilion "C"
4500 S. Laspina St. Tulare CA 93274
March 29, 2014
Tulare Sci-Fi Con is a convention located in the City of Tulare. Download the exhibitor application via our site at: www.tularescificon.org
The Tulare Library Foundation, approached "The Twin Suns: Fan Club" in the City of Tulare, to host a fundraiser to benefit the Tulare Library Children's Section. After some discussion it was decided to host a convention to be held at the Tulare International Agri-Center. All proceeds will go to the Tulare Library Children's section. This is a non-profit venture.
Web Site: http://www.tularescificon.org/
Lakeshore Elementary, San Francisco
220 Middlefield Dr. San Francisco, CA
April 26, 2014
Come join us for an afternoon of super fun, creativity and entertainment!
Costume Contest (for grown up heroes!)
Superhero Training Zone
find out more…
Saturday, April 26, 2014
11am – 4pm
Web Site: superherosaturday.org
The Petaluma Kids Gran Fondo
320 N. McDowell Blvd. Petaluma, Ca
May 3, 2014
The 2nd annual Bici Sport Petaluma Kids Gran Fondo will be taking place on May 3rd 2014 . Kids from all over and 36 local schools will have the chance to challenge themselves on any of 3 different routes from which they choose.
We encourage parents to get their children involved in raising pledge donations as part of their participation in the Bici Sport Petaluma Kids Gran Fondo. The purpose of the PKGF is three fold:
1) To help raise money for children with disabilities and life-threatening illnesses.
2) To raise money for participating schools.
3) Provide an opportunity for kids to help other kids and see the fun in exercise.
Web Site: StevenCozzaRaceforKids.org
Free Comic Book Day
Illusive Comics & Games
2725 El Camino Real, #105. Santa Clara, CA
May 3, 2014
FCBD is a day to promote literacy and awareness/appreciation of comics.
Web Site: http://www.illusivecomics.com
West Sacramento's May the 4th Be With You Community Event
West Sacramento Community Center
1075 W Capitol Ave
West Sacramento, CA 95691
May 4, 2014
This out-of-this-world, community/fan-run convention is a fundraiser for Make-A-Wish Foundation, the City of West Sacramento Dept. of Parks & Recreation's children's programs, and other local not-for profit community organizations.
Featuring vendors, exhibits, costume characters (including the 501st Legion Central California Garrison, Rebel Legion, SVRF, & Mandalorian Mercs), costume parade, art, contests, comedy by Critical Hit Geek Comedy Troupe, live entertainment including a saber battle by SaberCombat.com, games, kid's activities, arts & crafts, and more!
Family-friendly 10 am to 5 pm; PG-13 shows 5 pm to 8 pm (please note, no children under 13 will be allowed in the Blackbox Theatre after 5 pm).
Also in the works are special day-before (Saturday May 3) activities including an art gallery reception, Old Sac Pub Crawl, and separate-ticket saber combat workshops. Check the sacgeeks.com calendar!
Details to be added/updated as 2014's event draws near!
Web Site: http://www.meetup.com/sacgeeks/events/136316782/